Perhaps the biggest opportunity for health plans in healthcare’s rapidly changing history is set to take place on January 1st, 2014; the day individuals will begin to purchase insurances through health insurance exchanges (HIX). It is predicted that as many as 30 million new members could be shopping for health insurance coverage through HIXs by 2018.
Successful integration into a HIX requires a combination of experience in healthcare, technology and administration. To help health plans excel in this new environment, Xerox has formed a partnership with HealthPlan Servicessm to offer a comprehensive, secure, and flexible HIX solution. Health plans can immediately begin to use this end-to-end, technology-driven offering to grow membership and exceed their new and existing members’ expectations.
HealthPlan Servicessm is a leading provider of technology solutions and combined with Xerox’s services expertise and capabilities, we’ll be able to provide a combined, ACA-compliant solution that meets the individual requirements of multiple state exchanges and also provides the scalability to take products to private exchanges.
As 2014 gets closer, health plans have less and less time to fully take advantage of the nearly 30 million new members that will be shopping for healthcare on these exchanges. For some plans, the financial and human resources required to close business process gaps in time to launch and enroll in an effective, compliant exchange program simply does not exist. For others, diverting necessary resources from other core programs is a strategic non-starter. Carriers will be able to leverage the combined expertise of Xerox and HealthPlan Servicessm to ramp up and administer a profitable exchange for 2014 and beyond.
Combined, Comprehensive HIX Offering:
- End-to-end, technology-driven offering will allow plans to grow membership and exceed their new and existing member’s expectations
- Combined Go-To-Exchangesm strategy meets the individual requirements of multiple state exchanges and provides the scalability to take products to private exchanges
- SalesLinksm: tools to acquire new customers
- ServiceLinksm: administrative tools to manage your members (billing, customer service, reconciliation, etc.)
- LoyaltyLinksm: improve customer retention through analytics, analysis, cross-selling and renewal options